Fight between Content Marketing Vs Advertising
Both sound similar but they are not the same.
Content Marketing can be Images, copywriting, videos, which will help engage an audience.
Advertising is more like a sales Pitch. To buy your product which will solve their problem or enhance their life.
Content marketing is an useful resource for everyone. It’s easy to create and deploy and can be a great asset for small and medium size business.
What is included in Advertising
- Email marketing of new products
- Public Relation releases online or physical media
- Pay for click (PPC)
- Pay per view,
- Pay per lead
- Advertisement Billboards
- Bulletin Boards
- Flyers posted on wall
- Product Placements
- Audio Advertisements
- Radio Advertisements or Jingles
- Video Advertisements
- Television Commercials
What is included in Content Marketing
- All Social Media Channels
- Blogging PR releases self-hosted or external or both
- All Online Digital Forums or Bulletin boards
- Other Industry forums.
- Your own Forum just like https://freebrandmanager.com/forums/
- Affiliate marketing
Difference between Content Marketing and Advertising
|Evergreen, has a longer shelf life||Live only up to the allocated time duration|
|Earn Revenue example blendtec||Spend Marketing Dollars|
|Dual sided or active interaction with your audience||One sided relationship|
|Helps develop media assets and brand collateral||May or may not help in building brand arsenal|
|Provides free publicity||Is a paid form of publicity|
|Easy to implement, Any one can be a content marketer||Harder to implement, needs commercial experts|
|Small and medium size company can implement blogs videos and images etc||Needs bigger marketing budgets possible only for bigger organizations|
|Easy to implement Co-branding & Affiliate Marketing Programs , example amazon||Harder to implement co-branding & affiliate marketing, needs negotiations and deals .|
What I would recommend,
I would recommend Hybrid approach, targeting both organic and paid media.
How to develop hybrid approach,
- Keyword research for content and display advertising
- Affiliate marketing (can be used to make money or generate leads )
- Co-Branding, tie-ups example. goPro and Redbull, Batman and Samsung